[dev] prefix display

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:42:25 -0000

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Hmmm. Neither are great, but I'd like to keep the API simple and
> logical to a point that it's not inconceivable that it'd be used
> outside IMP. Which to me would indicate that maybe having the
> folder functions return any messages (maybe in a PEAR_Error::
> object) would be the better way to go.

That would be good.

I just had a look at PEAR::Error for the first time; it doesn't seem
to have any mechanism for signalling success either, so we'd need
something else to show that the operation worked.

Btw, some of the operations take folders arrays (delete,sub,unsub)
and others do not.  It makes returning objects a bit more complicated;
how about shifting them all to single folder operations instead?

The only speed hit I can see is for the delete() one, which
caches a imap_listsubscribed().  Given that's it isn't often used,
that's pretty minor.

PS: anyone mind if I tabs->space it?  They are driving me mad! :)

--
 Anil Madhavapeddy / "I told you not to flush that!"
 anil@recoil.org   /    Stern Lecture Plumbing