[dev] Error in preferences/database? John?

Michael Bull mbull@uoguelph.ca
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:43:01 -0500

At 04:43 PM 13/11/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Quoting Michael Bull <mbull@uoguelph.ca>:
>
> > It sounds as if the code is trying to do an INSERT instead of an UPDATE?
>
>It first tries an insert and if that fails it tries an update.  I think
>that is
>the quickest way to find out if the record already exists.  I have traced the
>problem back to the DB/pgsql.php PEAR driver.  It doesn't quietly handle the
>query whereas the mysql driver does.  You may want to contact the php folk
>about that.  For now you can either stick in an '@' sign before the pg_exec
>call in DB/pgsql.php (i.e. on line 163 and 194 instead of pg_exec make it
>@pg_exec) or switch to using the bundled pgsql.php Prefs driver in imp. (i.e.
>$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'pgsql'.

John, aren't you using Postgres?   I seem to recall that you were; are you
seeing the same problems?

Are we sure it's with PHP?  If it was just a problem with it making a
"loud" query as far as error returns, wouldn't that mean that we get the
error but the following update command would still be successful?