[dev] navigator

Michael Bull mbull@uoguelph.ca
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:15:12 -0500

At 11:36 AM 16/11/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>What select button are you referring to here? I'm a bit confused.

Hi Chuck; I've up to the latest cvs, which solved the errors that I was
discussing with Anil earlier (though at the time the code was updated
almost that day) -- I was referring to the radio buttons at the time.  Now
having got the cvs code from this morning running, a few thoughts/questions:

What I was referring to with the selected was already done with the cvs
commit that changed the radio buttons to checkmarks and made it so that
INBOX wasn't selected by default.  Now, I get told to select a folder
before I can perform an operation (good!).

On the UW server we run, I'm finding I can click inbox, click create, and I
successfully get told I made an "INBOX/test" folder.   No such thing
appears on my list, and I suspect it didn't happen.  I'm not an expert
server admin, nor am I the admin for that server.... but that would appear
to be undesirable behavior as it will be confusing to users?  (I'm aware
from our previous discussion on this that it is normal behavior for other
IMAP servers, but since we're using UW, and INBOX subfolders aren't normal
for it, that there be someway for this behavior not to occur).

I'm thinking the solution is to remove the checkmark box from beside inbox,
in our implementation, as those operations shouldn't be applied to
it...?  I'm happy to do local hacks if needed, but am wondering if this is
a larger issue for users of UW?

Also... I can only create folders if I checkmark "mail" (as that is the
root folder path), or if I select one of the pre-existing folders that I
created with Eudora -- I can only create items by selecting icons that are
shown as the folder icon.   How can I create a folder, then create a
subfolder? (If this is still being worked on, no problem... but if it's
supposed to work and doesn't, I'd just want to let you know :)).

Another question -- is the current design not going to have the automatic
inbox refresh every x minutes like 2.2 has?  Or is this just not coded
yet?  If it isn't, is there any reason why not?  (It sounds like someone I
could help move over to 2.3 easy enough... famous last words of course.)

Max et al.  --- kudos on the filters!  I've just started playing with them,
and they're great.   Awesome work!