[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/templates/help index.inc menu.inc

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 21:57:09 -0500

Quoting Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>:

> Incidentally, is there any way at the moment of forming
> a URL to the Horde root-URL without having to manually
> create it?

well, we should have $conf['horde']['paths']['root'], but there isn't a function
that automatically looks there, if that's what you're asking.

> And if not, how about changing the boolean 'full' parameter
> to alternatively be a module name string?

No, full is important because it determines whether or not the http/https
portion of the url has to be generated; we generally only need to do that part
of the work for Location: headers.

> Hmm, perhaps constants might be better instead of strings
> though. </random thought>

... The problem with constants is that it's much harder to handle things
dynamically - either Horde would need a hardcoded list of module constants (bad
for anyone distributing a module outside Horde, or integrating something
locally), or you have to figure out how to make sure that Horde::url() can
always know about the constants that are available... Ie, if you're in Turba,
how do you make sure you know about the constants for IMP?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues