[dev] Re: [imp] Folder overview in IMP

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:09:57 -0000

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 04:13:56PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>:
>
> > Provide a set of checkboxes in the preferences with the list
> > of folders to poll for incoming mail.  This could default to
> > the list of subscribed folders if its not otherwise specified.
>
> Hmm. What about the interface for this? We could use a decent interface for
> selecting a set of folders - the search page is really unwieldy, as well.

It's only unwieldy when you have a massive number of folders :) I quite like
it, even though it does dominate the screen if it grows too big.

If we did put that in the preferences screen, then sectioning
the options into portions would be more essential, to avoid
a massive preferences menu.

> Seems like it might be hard to know that we really had the authoritative set
of
> information on this...

It would be useful as one of those '90% of people will use it like
this' things... if we provide an abstraction framework for filtering,
then people would probably use that in preference to manually setting
up procmail, maildrop, sieve, or whatever other cryptic scripting languages
are around.

Of course, if people _did_ have something different, then we'd have
to revert to manual prompting, but it could be useful as a default
source of information if the admin specifies that only the Horde filtering
module is being used on a mailstore.

--
 Anil Madhavapeddy / "Oi luv moi brick!"
 anil@recoil.org   /       - Father Jack