[dev] resuming messages

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 16:33:06 -0500

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 04:12:51PM -0500, Michael Bull (mbull@uoguelph.ca) wrote:
> I noticed that I was able to 'resume' messages that weren't saved drafts;
> having this option there are messages that aren't/shouldn't be resumable
> may confuse users.   Perhaps the resume option on the message view page
> could be removed unless in the Drafts folder and/or show the current user
> as the author of the message?

I can't think of any reason that a message "shouldn't be
resumable". Its contents are sitting in the user's mailbox; they're
free to modify the contents, change the headers or not, and
resend. The resume function just gets them into an interface where
they can do that, just like "reply" and "forward" do. None of them
make moral judgments on the relative merits of sending the message,
which is appropriate because that's not the job of a piece of
software.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services