[dev] resuming messages

Michael Bull mbull@uoguelph.ca
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 09:45:55 -0500

At 05:07 PM 23/11/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>I actually did as you suggest a while back, and I got yelled at.
>Apparently, it's perfectly legal for any message to be resumed, and
>there's really no reason why we shouldn't offer the user the ability
>(well, other than to slim down the number of possible options).

I'll look at it as a local patch, then -- I'm all for removing options
where they aren't useful for the masses.  If for some reason someone really
wanted to "resume" a message they didn't write, they'd likely just forward
it; that's what our people do with the "fat" desktop clients.     In 99% of
all cases, I doubt resuming a message someone sent you that was foldered is
something people will want to do -- I can see people clicking on it trying
to resume a message they know they /did/ postpone, but forgot where it
is... or other such errors.

Just $0.02 -- If I patch it up, I'll make it an option and you all can
decide if it's worth having.  :)