[dev] maildir support

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:44:16 -0000

Ivan E. Moore II wrote:

> > What's the advantage of this over having an IMAP server that understands
> > maildirs?
>
> well...I'm not sure if it's my config or not...but my imap server
> understands maildir, yet IMP can't create new folders or the like...it
> can only deal with the INBOX and that's it...

What server is it?  If it's Courier-IMAP, then set your folder prefix
to 'INBOX.' and you should be able to create sub-folders fine.  The only
other maildir aware server I know off is the UW-IMAP patch, but I'm
not sure how it handles subfolders and the like.

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil@recoil.org>
"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"