[dev] Change in return address for errors

Federico Giannici giannici@neomedia.it
Fri, 01 Dec 2000 11:18:44 +0100

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Federico Giannici <giannici@neomedia.it>:
>
> > Since I upgraded from IMP 2.2.0-betasomething to 2.2.4-cvs, it seems to
> > me that errors notifications (e.g. user unknown) are sent to the httpd
> > user instead of the "From:" user.
>
> I just tested this out, and I still get bounce messages back to the account I
> sent from.

I have made some more testing.

I have found that the problem arises only when there is an error sending
the mail to a LOCAL USER.

I think that in this case sendmail immediatly return an error. That
error is sent to both the sender mailbox and the httpd mailbox!

BTW, I think that in this case, simply writing "there was an error" in
the title bar of the compose window is not enought...
Is it possible to show the user THE ACTUAL error message, so the user
can understand the error and correct it? Perhaps in a box at the head of
the compose message?

Bye,
    __
   |-                      giannici@neomedia.it