password security during the session -- what is it?

Michael Bull mbull@uoguelph.ca
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:00:26 -0500

I've had a question regarding "how secure" passwords are that are in use by
the IMP server.   As in, after I login and type my password, how is made
use of / stored? during my session, and what are the security
implications.  I'm particularly interested in 2.3 -- I've been continuing
to work through the code to get a feeling of how IMP runs start to finish,
but any imput as to the best answer to that question from those more
familiar with the code would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike.