[dev] [sascha@schumann.cx: [PHP-CVS] cvs: php4 /ext/standard url_scanner_ex.c url_scanner_ex.re]

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 12:34:12 +0000

On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 11:51:56PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Anil Madhavapeddy <avsm@horde.org>:
>
> > This should fix the last problem with the non-compliant GET
> > urls; PHP can now return &amp; from a form GET request.
>
> Are you sure this will change anything? It looks like it'll let you _define_
> multi character separators, but not use them magically... I did notice that
> there was a big thread about this, but I skipped it (modem hell) - can you
> summarize?

Ah yeah, it won't solve it, but it'll allow interested server
operators to ensure that they serve up valid URLs.  The old
php.ini-dist didn't have an entry for the arg-separator,
and it could only take a single char.  Now, it can take a
string, so you can define it to be '&amp;' without problems.

I'm not sure if they've changed the default in the php.ini
to &amp; or not, but we can just put a note in our test.php
as a warning I guess.

Anil