[dev] [sascha@schumann.cx: [PHP-CVS] cvs: php4 /ext/standard url_scanner_ex.c url_scanner_ex.re]

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 01:00:47 +0000

> Quoting Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>:
>
> > Actually, they wouldn't would they?  This one is actually for
> > PHP to automatically append a GET sid (&PHPSESSID=whatever)
> > if cookies are turned off on the browser ... I imagine this changes
> > that appending to '&amp;PHPSESSID=whatever'.  Previously, it
> > would have had to be changed to ';' to generate a valid URL.
>
> Hmm... so, is php smart enough to use &amp; when generating html,
> and then to look for just '&' when parsing parameters?

I'm not sure without going through code, but it would _have_ to look for
'&' and ';' when parsing parameters, to be RFC compliant, wouldnt it?

Actually, I'm horribly confused now, thinking about it a bit more.
Need to look at code at some point to try and figure out what on earth
it does.

This whole url generation thing is a bit of a mess isn't it?

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil@recoil.org>