[dev] User e-mail address in problem reports

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 15:27:18 -0500

Quoting John Morrissey <jwm-horde-dev@rpa.net>:

> I sat down with a copy of HEAD this afternoon and I must say  I'm very
> impressed; kudos to everyone who had a hand in it.

Thanks!

> I'm wondering if you'd be interested in adding an e-mail address field for
> problem reporting. We have a lot of IMP-only users here who assume that
> since they're logged in, the problem reporting form knows who they are and
> don't bother to include their name/username in the body. I figure IMP could
> pass the logged-in user's e-mail address to the reporting form; that's what
> I currently do with a local patch; it'd be nice to maintain one less once
> 2.4 is out. Let me know and I'll whip something up.

Yeah, a revamp of the problem reporting interface is on the list to do before
2.4 can come out. I'll take a look at the patch you sent in a minute...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues