[dev] thoughts on the prefs problem

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 00:43:44 -0500

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@csh.rit.edu>:

> That's a good idea.  Ideally, however, all of the preference drivers
> should use session storage for their data.  In my latest revision of
> the preferences code, I didn't optimize the entire process.  Every
> page load retrieves the user's preferences from storage.  This could
> all be streamlined so that it will only contact the preference storage
> when necessary.
[snip]
> I'll try and work on cleaning this up over the next couple of days.

Sounds good. How about still having a 'session', driver, though, for sites that
want to enable preferences on a per-session basis, but not store them
anywhere. 'none' would still have the effect of turning off prefs completely -
no menu item, etc.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues