[dev] Issues with IMP 2.3.7-cvs

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:37:36 -0500

Quoting Dan Brown <danb35@earthlink.net>:

> 	Yep, it's fixed, but I'm seeing a new one--in the folders screen, it
> doesn't display message counts for any folder except the inbox, when
> there are definitely messages in other folders.

That one's not a bug. If you look at the list of actions, one of them is "Poll
folder for new messages." If you select a folder or set of folders, and choose
that, then you'll see message counts for those folders.

Polling a folder is mildly expensive performance-wise, and polling _all_
folders kills performance when you have a lot of mailboxes, so we keep it to a
specific set. We always poll INBOX, though.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues