[core] IMP frames/frameless

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:09:43 -0500

[kicking this back to dev]

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@csh.rit.edu>:

> It's not so much the size of the patch, in my opinion.  It's more a
> matter of (re-)introducing the entire frames headache.  In the future,
> we'll need to concern ourselves with ensuring our frame targets are
> correct, and that will lead to adding little bits of Javascript all
> over the place.  People will start asking for one frame to update
> automatically once they close the compose window, for example, and
> then we have a total mess on our hands.

That, I think, is the killer argument - having the frames interface would
require a commitment to making it work well. And having it work well would
really require a lot of javascript, frames interaction, automatic updates, etc.
It's a very slippery slope.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>