[dev] Help subsystem

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:09:36 +0000

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@csh.rit.edu>:

> If anyone's looking for a project, I think the Horde help system could
> use some refinement before an IMP 2.4 release.  It was my first
> attempt at an XML parser and could probably use some improvements in
> both logic and functionality.

I'm going to have a look at this after I finish the next round of
Chora features; I'm interested in hooking in all these different XML
schemas we have (PHPDoc, Help, the docs module) into a more integrated
solution with XSLT, so that we just maintain one set of help files, and
they get transformed into the relevant formats (html, pdf, windows help,
etc)

I imagine it would be somewhat useful for PEAR as well.  The problem
is the lack of good non-Java XSLT transformers.  Sablotron 0.50 has some
pretty bad cross-platform problems atm due to its use of some wchar_t
stuff which doesnt have wide support yet, but once that works out, its
looking like a very strong package indeed for us to use.

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil@recoil.org>