Fwd: WebCT and IE 5.5 SP1

Michael Bull mbull@uoguelph.ca
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 08:55:50 -0500

Hey all,
This is from our WebCT person.  I'm trying to track down the source
reference on this, but given the attachment issues that have been being
resolved lately I thought it might be of some interest as a heads
up.    I'll keep trying to find where the "announcement" from microsoft is.

> From WebCT News:
>------------------------
>IE 5.5 (sp1) Bug Made Public
>Microsoft has recently announced a bug in Service Pack 1 for Internet
>Explorer 5.5. This bug affects file downloads in all versions of WebCT
>from 2.1 to 3.1.3. Instead of the browser saving the selected file (e.g.
>an MS Word document), the browser will save the HTML source code of the page.
>
>To avoid this problem, we recommend that WebCT users either do not apply
>service pack 1 to their Internet Explorer 5.5 installation and wait for a
>subsequent IE 5.5 service pack release, or switch to Netscape for
>downloading files in WebCT.

I believe the current IMP is working with IE 5.5 SP1?  Hopefully that does
not mean that the fix will break it again.