[dev] preference caching

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:05:45 -0500

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 10:50:04PM -0800, Max Kalika wrote:

> I traced it down to the array_intersect line in tryCache() in
> Prefs.php.  Is there a reason for this?  I commented it out and it
> looks like its behaving as it should.  Only connection info gets put
> in the log and if prefs get changed, they are updated normally.

That line was there to make the cache a little smarter.  I wanted it
to only look for a requested set of preferences.  However, I really
don't think it's necessary, so I'm removing that part of the logic
now.  We can always revisit it later on.

Thanks for pointing this out.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology