[dev] IMP preferences regroup

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 23:27:00 -0500

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 05:58:33PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Any additional feedback - and better blurbs (I'm sure they're needed) - would
> be great.

I was just thinking about the "Signature" section.  Is there a reason
why that shouldn't be placed under the "Personal Information" section?

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology

Date: Mon,  5 Feb 2001 23:52:39 -0500
From: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>
To: dev@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [dev] my IMP broke [ User Preferences Grouping ]

Quoting Max Kalika <max@the-triumvirate.net>:

> It is absolutely trivial to add, but I didn't because of this one reason: The
> base imap_search query is UNDELETED.  I don't know how further to limit the
> query because there is no way to flag a message as "copied" (and it would be
> inefficient to do so anyway).  So running the rules more than once will cause
> multiple copies of a message in a folder.  I'm not entirely ok with providing
> that.  But I can if there's demand. We're also very open to ideas on doing it
> better.

That reason makes a lot of sense. I'd say leave it out unless a lot of people
ask for it (I can't see it being terribly useful myself) or someone comes up
with a better way.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"My intuitive grasp of math often leads me astray." -Me

>From chuck@horde.org Date: Tue,  6 Feb 2001 01:19:02 -0500
> I was just thinking about the "Signature" section.  Is there a reason
> why that shouldn't be placed under the "Personal Information" section?

I just seperated it out because Yahoo and/or Hotmail did it (can't remember if
it was one or both). I have no problems with combining them - anyone else?

-chuck