[dev] my IMP broke [ User Preferences Grouping ]

Atif Ghaffar aghaffar@developer.ch
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 17:19:49 +0100

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> =

> Quoting Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar@developer.ch>:
> =

> I just updated demo.horde.org; you can play with the new prefs stuff th=
ere now.

Thanks,
I installed also locally a fresh cvs version.

> > Have a look at what we did (althoug the IA can find tons of things to=

> > critisize about it). Its still a prototype and some stuff may not wor=
k)
> > http://webmail.developer.ch
> > l/p: horde/imp
> =

> Huh - looks a bit more complicated than what I went for; I'm curious wh=
at the
> IA has to say about the two. =)

more complicated in design(layout). Yes. It has to be rearranged.
I wasnt sure if it would have had been interesting for other imp users
so I just did a hack job.
Now that its in the cvs, Ill update my version with yours.

Oh and as someone else also suggested. I'd prefer signature to be in
"Personal Information."

Also it might me useful if we move the groups array declaration in
config and make it more dynamic.
Ill have to think more about it. example: if I change
$groups['personal'] = array('fullname', 'from_addr', 'replyto_addr');
$groups['personal'] = array('fullname', 'from_addr', 'replyto_addr',
'age');
then I cannot keep my prefs.php updated with the cvs.

** thinking out loud **
Idea:
define groups array in config/groups.php
and foreach element of the prefs define an update and retrieve method.
then you can do something like

Sorry about the example in perl
to retrieve
foreach $elements(@$prefs->{$group}){
	do "somedirectory/prefs/handlers/$element.get.php";
}

to update
foreach $elements(@$prefs->{$group}){
	do "somedirectory/prefs/handlers/$element.set.php";
}

etc
** stop thinking **

--