[dev] 2.3.x installer

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 00:30:22 -0000

Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> I'm going to install 2.3-cvs tonight so I start to get familiar with that
> branch.  My gut feel tells me that the 2.2.x branch's tight integration
> between Horde and IMP means significant changes would be needed for
> installer(s) for the 2.3.x branch.

Yeah, it will be quite different.  A Horde installer framework would be good
actually, so that we can have module installation calls for the other ones
as well.

The question is: do we actually want it to be web-based?  Perhaps just a
simple perl utility to ask questions would be better?  It would also avoid
the whole permissions issue as well.  It wont be quite as pretty, but we can
always get around that with Curses::Forms or something :)

Anil