[dev] 2.3.x installer

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 21:31:47 -0500

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 07:07:49PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch (chuck@horde.org) wrote:
> Quoting Max Kalika <max@the-triumvirate.net>:
>
> > Fair enough, perl works on windows pretty well. :-)
>
> Yeah, this is true. A thought - what about things like setting up database
> tables? It might be nice if we offered a little manager that could find .sql
> scripts, verify them with you, get auth info, and do table creation... or is
> that just eye candy and outside our scope?

I'd say the latter. The current situation in which one need only do
the equivalent of "client -u username -p password < db.sql" is pretty
much ideal, IMO, because it's easy to troubleshoot when it *doesn't*
work.

Mind you, I think the same about configuration scripts. Even something
as simple as running Apache chrooted could make things awkward.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services