[dev] deprecating db-specific drivers

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:17:38 -0500

Quoting "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn@horde.org>:

> None whatsoever; glad to see this happening.  I assume this is the same
> thing as the blurb on the PHP status this week?

No, that's a C extension; reading the weekly summary makes it seem like that's
a sure thing to become standard, but that was not at all the impression I got
from discussion on the list. We'll see what happens, I guess.

> So I guess I just wondered if you've seen any discussion of that issue on
> the PHP lists; if anyone has said what a recommended standard would be,
> which products they're targeting, etc. where I could read more.

Not really, sorry. Maybe someone else has some good resources?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"My intuitive grasp of math often leads me astray." -Me