[dev] my IMP broke [ User Preferences Grouping ]

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:01:35 -0500

Quoting Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar@developer.ch>:

> Prefs is one place where more and more people would see the need to
> add/remove fields.

Okay - just to keep people informed, I'm almost done making prefs _completely_
modular. Groups, columns, everything are defined in the config file; there are
templates for a checkbox preference, a number preference, an enumerated
preference, etc., and all the logic is generic to these types. So adding a
preference really will be a matter of changing the config file, and if it's of
a standard type, boom, it will be there, in the UI, everything.

I figured it wasn't worth just making groups configurable; that'd leave too
many things that you'd need to keep local patches for anyway (update logic,
display, etc.). So, I went all out. I'll probably commit it tomorrow, or later
tonight; we'll see how clear my brain is and if I have some time later.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"My intuitive grasp of math often leads me astray." -Me