[dev] using horde...

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:29:42 -0500

Quoting Brian Jones <cbj@gnu.org>:

> Hello everyone,

Welcome back!

> I'm in the process of getting together what I need to write a new
> Horde module.  I did a cvs co on the STABLE branch of the Horde module
> and have noticed it doesn't include buildlib and related separate
> files which are usually combined into a single big library by the Perl
> script.  Did this simply not get labeled?

Things have changed a lot. =) The perl script is gone in 1.2/2.2 in the
interest of ease of installation. But ...

> So the question really is, how do I get a full version of the latest
> STABLE work.  I don't think I want to track cvs like I used to do and
> fix things on the bleeding edge... but I'd truly prefer to have the
> Horde lib in it's separate components and use buildlib myself.  ;)

... if you're going to build a new app, you _really_ want Horde 1.3. It's
mostly stable; the API is still coalescing a bit, but it is _much_ better
designed than 1.2 ever was. There's even some API documentation -
http://chuck.bitgroup.com/api/ is updated every hour.

It does require php4, btw. Taking a look at the cvs of IMP/Turba/Gollem should
give you an idea of how apps are put together with the new stuff.

Let us know if you have any questions. Any hints what you're working on?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"We have no fuel on board, plus or minus 8 kilograms." -A NASA scientist

>From cbj@gnu.org Date: 16 Feb 2001 00:47:22 -0500
> ... if you're going to build a new app, you _really_ want Horde
> 1.3. It's mostly stable; the API is still coalescing a bit, but it
> is _much_ better designed than 1.2 ever was. There's even some API
> documentation - http://chuck.bitgroup.com/api/ is updated every
> hour.

Where is the information on how to generate this documentation?

> Let us know if you have any questions. Any hints what you're working
> on?

I'll share when I have something worth sharing.  :)

--
Brian Jones <cbj@gnu.org>