[dev] I added new features, where can I send what I do ?

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 07:44:55 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, PHP <php@rednet.com.ar> wrote:

> Where can I find documentation about how to made a patch ?
> I worked for to many years with WinX, and I new on Linux (about 1 year) :(

The easiest way is to make two parallel directories.  Check out a clean
tree from CVS ("cvs co horde").  Move that directory to another name ("mv
horde horde2").  Check out a clean tree again from CVS ("cvs co horde").
Now you have two identical horde trees.

Make your changes to the "horde2" tree (you could unpack the files from
your ZIP there, for example).  BUT make sure your changes are to the same
version of the file that you checked out... the $Id$ or $Horde$ tag should
match, or you know that you made the changes to an old version.

Now:  run the command "diff -ru horde horde2 >/tmp/horde.patch" -- this
will do a recursive (-r) unified (-u) difference of the two directory
trees, and display the result.  The result is the patch file.

Then you'll need to repeat the above process with "imp" instead of
"horde", etc.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>