[dev] OK to have a little java in IMP (email completion from ldap)?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:05:45 -0500

Quoting Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar@developer.ch>:

> I am writting some code for our mail setup so that the user can lookup
> addresses from LDAP.
> Example, type "Atif Ghaffar" in the "To" field when composing a message,
> hit on tab to move to the next field and it automagically converts to
> "Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar@developer.ch>".
> This email is recieved from LDAP server which may have more entries than
> we can put in a javascript array in the document.
> For this to work, we are working on a small java applet (hidden) which
> will work as message passer/middleman.

There are a few problems with mainlining this. One is that any solution needs
to play nice with Turba; this just appears to speak LDAP. The other is that I
don't really want to introduce a java dependancy at this point.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"We have no fuel on board, plus or minus 8 kilograms." -A NASA scientist