$conf['user']['allow_filters']

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 16:39:16 -0500

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 04:31:07PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > I was thinking about retiring the $conf['user']['allow_filters']
> > option in favor of checking the "locked" flag on the 'filter's
> > preference, too.  Comments?
>
> The only reason I can think to keep it is to let administrators
> define filters for their users that the users can't edit. But I'm
> not convinced that this is worth it.

Ah, good point.  If the administrator added some filtering rules to
the default filter's preference and then locked it, that would exhibit
the behavior you describe.  However, we would always have to check the
contents of the filter's preference to know whether to actually apply
them, which is probably the more correct behavior anyway.

I think $conf['user']['allow_filters'] is really just redundant for
$prefs->isLocked('filters').  At least, that's the way it appears to
be used in the code right now.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology

>From chuck@horde.org Date: Sat,  3 Mar 2001 16:40:40 -0500
> Ah, good point.  If the administrator added some filtering rules to
> the default filter's preference and then locked it, that would exhibit
> the behavior you describe.  However, we would always have to check the
> contents of the filter's preference to know whether to actually apply
> them, which is probably the more correct behavior anyway.

Good point.

> I think $conf['user']['allow_filters'] is really just redundant for
> $prefs->isLocked('filters').  At least, that's the way it appears to
> be used in the code right now.

Yeah, I say nuke it.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"We have no fuel on board, plus or minus 8 kilograms." -A NASA scientist