[dev] IMP Filters+LDAP

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 19:49:14 -0500

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 08:09:05PM +0100, Atif Ghaffar wrote:

[Revisiting old messages once again]

> Can we perhaps keep it in multiple filter attrubutes.
> Something like
> uid=aghaffar_ispman_net, ou=users, domain=ispman.net, o=ispman
> filter: 1,something=something&somethingelse=somthing,delete
> filter: 2,something=something&somethingelse=somthing,delete
> filter: 3,something=something&somethingelse=somthing,delete
> filter: 4,something=something&somethingelse=somthing,delete
>
> this can more easily be parsed.
> perhaps others can come up with a better idea.
>
> I know serialing an object and storing it is the easiest thing to do,
> but its also the laziest. :)

Well, it's the only way for it to work in session storage containers
that won't accept values in array form.

Now that we have more attributes in config/prefs.php, perhaps we could
be even smarter about storing preferences.  In the preference driver's
restore() and store() methods, we could act different according to the
preference type.  We could make "filter" as an array and store it
using the above example in the LDAP driver and perhaps do something
different in the SQL driver.

Comments?

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology