Database creation

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:11:57 -0600 (CST)

In HEAD we have imp/scripts/db/prefs.sql and auth.sql for table creation
-- a few questions:

(1)  The same SQL won't work with every database vendor, will it?  (Looks
they'll work with PostgreSQL and MySQL as they are, but there are issues
like FKs, constraints, etc. with Oracle/Sybase... not to mention line
termination.)  If not, should there be separate ones by vendor, as in 2.2,
or perhaps auto-generated from a template and script?

(2)  Shouldn't at least these tables be under horde/scripts/db rather than
imp/scripts/db?

(3)  Is the intent to also provide a script for creating the enclosing
database and user, as we did with 2.2?  And documentation...

I want to set up SQL-based preferences for the first time, and I'd be
willing to fill in these pieces for HEAD if the above sounds right.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>