[dev] imp/scripts/db/impPrefsObject.ldap

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:51:00 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org> wrote:

> Also: Despite the fact that I just moved a bunch of things into
> scripts/ directories, I'm not convinced that's the best place for all
> of this; it seems to me that schemas and such might be better off in
> docs/ directories
>
> [...]
>
> I'm thinking maybe we should have, in Horde, docs/prefs/, docs/auth/,
> etc...  with schemas and relevant info for all prefs drivers, all auth
> drivers, all connection tracking drivers, etc. in those directories.
>
> Apps would have docs/backend/ or docs/drivers, or whatever, depending
> on what the app called things...

I really like this idea; the organization makes a lot of sense.

My only objection is the name.  "docs" says to me that these things are
documentation, and they only sorta kinda are.  I guess it's debatable
whether a schema more like a "doc" or more like a "script", but really,
it's something different.  Could we think of a name that encompasses both
schemas and drivers, that isn't "docs" (or "scripts")?

Or, could we just make schemas/ and drivers/ directories with the above
kind of subdivisions?

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>