[dev] Filters vs. filtering

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 09:18:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org> wrote:

> Did we ever come to a final decision on this?

No, I think it was kind of left hanging.  I said "sanitize_text" was fine;
but 'censor' is a pretty accurate description of that functionality".  No
argument from me there.

Again, I think this is one of those like "expunge" that people are going
to have a lot of opinions on... I care a lot less about the word that's
used in the code (as long as it's consistent, and isn't confused with
"filter" in the sorting/folder sense), because sites are free to change
the label that appears to end users.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN