[dev] Horde Auth and other fruit

Max Kalika max@the-triumvirate.net
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 01:42:07 -0700

Quoting Max Kalika <max@the-triumvirate.net>:

> I did some work (with lots of direction from Chuck) locally to make IMP play
> nice on multi-server setups, primarily preventing login clashes for prefs and
> Turba.  As a side effect of this, Turba will not bring up a login screen if
> one is already logged into IMP and also Horde Auth can be configured to use
> IMP for authentication.  The patches are below.

Sorry, this message was a bit rushed as I tried to get a few things done at
once.  The reason I post is to get your guys' opinion as to whether or not this
is all kosher and/or query about where improvements can be made.  The major
changes are:

1) When logging into IMP, IMP::authenticate() (upon success) will set up the
Horde Auth session via Auth::setAuth().

  side effect:  no need to log into to Turba when logged into IMP.

2) A new field is added to imp/config/servers.php called "realm" which would be
appened to logins for instantiating prefs and setting up Horde Auth sessions.

  side effect:  no login clashes in prefs and Turba

3) If registry defines auth/login and auth/logout methods to be 'imp', opening
the login page on any app that requires Horde Auth (including Horde itself)
will redirect to imp's login page which in turn (once the user is successfully
authenticated) will redirect back to the app's default starting page.

  potential change:  make this configurable via $conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imp';

opinions?

--
/// max kalika
// max@the-triumvirate.net

"and after a while you'll stop making computers out of stuff and start making
stuff out of computers" -- douglas adams 4/5/01