[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/docs CHANGES horde/lib Horde.php

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 18:22:41 -0400

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 12:10:34AM +0200, Atif Ghaffar (aghaffar@developer.ch) wrote:
> Jon Parise wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 05:54:24PM -0000, avsm@horde.org wrote:
> >
> > >   Add some temporary file handling routines -
> > >
> > >   Horde::getTempDir() determines the system temp dir from upload_tmp_dir.
> > >   TMPDIR envvar, or as a last resort by cycling through predefined values
> > >   to see if they exist.
> > >
> > >   Horde::getTempFile() returns a temporary filename which is also registered
> > >   with _fileCleanup to be unlinked at the end of the request.
>
> Hi,
> I am not sure if I understand it correctly.
> You are creating and using tmpfiles?
> Are these tmp files used by more than one requests?
> Example if there are 5 servers loadbalanced, one request may come to
> server1 and the next to server5. What will happen in this situation?

If your load balancer doesn't have any concept of sessions, it'll have
already broken on PHP sessions.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services