[dev] cached reply messages

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:09:53 -0400

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 02:04:51PM -0400, Michael Bull wrote:

> Nothing is cached from an IMP session accept compose windows, particularly
> the one created with a reply as it shows the email address of the person who
> sent the original message, and the quoted text of the reply.    Does this
> still occur with current versions, and if so, is there a way to change this
> behavior?   I remember that the compose window was set to behave different
> for certain situations for some good reasons....

We have configuration toggles to determine whether things like
stylesheets should be cached, but, for the most part, we do out best
to ensure pages aren't cached.

The compose window still behaves are you describe.  To change the
caching level of the compose window, twiddle the following code in
compose.php:

    if ($browser->isBrowser('netscape')) {
        session_cache_limiter('public');
    }

The documentation for session_cache_limiter() is available here:

    http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.session-cache-limiter.php

It's the one and only native PHP function I've ever written. =)

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology