PATH_TRANSLATED or Why view.php/"attachment_info" and not view.php?"attachment_info"

C. R. Oldham cro@nca.asu.edu
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:33:12 -0700

Greetings,

Every few months I hack on IMP a little more to see if I can get it to
work under PHP + AOLserver a little bit better.  Lately I've been very
pleased.

I'm using the latest CVS as of this morning, with AOLserver 3.2+ad12,
PHP 4.0.5RC6.  I've noticed that when I attempt to download an
attachment the URL is of the form

http://some.server/view.php/lots_of_mailbox_info

This is non-functional under the AOLserver PHP SAPI.  I think it has
something to do with the $PATH_TRANSLATED variable and the AOLserver
fastpath file cache.

Looking in horde/imp/lib/IMP.php I see

$row .= Horde::link(Horde::url('view.php/' . urlencode(M...

Changing that to

$row .= Horde::link(Horde::url('view.php?' . urlencode(M...

allows things to work fine (mostly--see future posts on IE 5.5 + SSL).

Can someone enlighten me as to why the developers used the '/' separator
instead of the '?' separator?

(BTW I suspect that '/' in this context will not work under IIS either,
but I'm not positive.  IIS gurus, feel free to set me straight).

--
  / C. R. (Charles) Oldham | NCA-CASI                     \
 / Director of Technology  | Arizona State University      \