[dev] PATH_TRANSLATED or Why view.php/"attachment_info" and not view.php?"attachment_info"

C. R. Oldham cro@nca.asu.edu
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:01:33 -0700

> > Can someone enlighten me as to why the developers used the '/'
> > separator instead of the '?' separator?
>
> Because Internet Explorer ignores the filename: attribute of
> Content- Disposition headers, making it impossible to control
> the suggested filename of
> downloaded files without making the url "script.php/desired_filename".

It seems to be OK under a non-SSL connection (cf my earlier post about
further ssl problems in IE) with IE 5.5sp1.  Is this behavior fixed in
5.5 or 5.5sp1?

--
  / C. R. (Charles) Oldham | NCA-CASI                     \
 / Director of Technology  | Arizona State University      \