[imp] Strange Login after Logout Bug in v2.3

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:39:27 -0400

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 04:20:57PM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> Yes, this is a known problem - it's because we are using the Session
> preferences driver, which doesn't appear to clean up properly after a
> login (I really haven't looked into it yet, just noticed the problem)

I just did a little investigating here.  The problem is that
there's no hook in the current preference implementation to
perform a "cleanup" operation.  In this case, the 'horde_prefs'
session variable needs to be unregistered.

For the time being, unregistering it in IMP's logout routine
should work fine.  We also have a notion of a Horde logout, so we
can unregister it there.

However, this begs the question of whether we should add a
generic "cleanup" routine to the preference drivers that each
could implement in their own way.  It seems like a good idea to
me.  Any comments or objections?

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology