[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/docs CHANGES horde/lib Prefs.php horde/lib/Prefs ldap.php sql.php

Max Kalika max@the-triumvirate.net
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 23:08:22 -0700

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@csh.rit.edu>:

> This should solve all of the outstanding issues with the
> preferences system.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't know if the prefs system is
working right -- IMP isn't retreiving my prefs.  After a bit of digging the
issues are:  The factory method initializes the prefs_cache session variable
and tryCache checks if this variable is registered and returns true causing the
retreive method of the driver (sql in my case) to proceed no further.  Is this
right?  Since the cache hasn't been populated between instanciating the prefs
object and making the sql call something seems to be missing.

Incedentally, I locally commented out the tryCache call in the sql driver and
my prefs were retreived ok for all of the screens except compose.  I would look
further but on sunday nights it feels like my head is full of cotton. :-)

--max