[dev] Fwd: [core] text wrapping

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Thu, 10 May 2001 00:44:14 -0400

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 10:03:42AM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> This can sometimes cause problems; also, our text wrapping
> function isn't very smart. Anyone think that having a wrap
> lines at preference would be a good idea? Anyone up for adding
> it?

Okay, I just added a new user preference to specify the wrap
width.

> Also, anyone up for making Text::wrap() (I _think_ that's what
> we use; if not, we should <g>) smarter (don't have so many
> words alone on lines - fill paragraphs better, etc.)?

It looks like we're use Text::wrap() everywhere it would be
appropriate.  It calls wordwrap(), which is now a native PHP
function.  Improvements would have to be made to it.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology