[dev] Starting out with the code, need tips

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Tue, 15 May 2001 18:47:44 -0400

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 10:10:54AM +0200, Atif Ghaffar wrote:

> We have also used the Horde framework for some apps.
> I think it will be a good idea to write a "Hello World" app using horde
> framework.

That is the intent of Nag, actually.  If you follow the outline
nag/docs/ROADMAP, you'll see an explanation of the various
development stages and their associated CVS tags.

> This app should be able to present Horde's Auth,lang and preference system.

Yup, it uses all of those.

> It would be cool if this app comes from Horde developers since they are
> the ones that knows the code inside out, but if everyone is busy, ill
> give it a shot.

Chuck and I are working on that very type of documentation for
our presentation this summer at the O'Reilly Open Source
Convention.  To peek at our progress (or lack thereof ...), check
out the 'pres' module from cvs.  You can also have a look here:

    http://indelible.org/horde/pres/

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology