[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: nag/config conf.php.dist nag/docs CHANGES nag/lib base.php

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Sun, 20 May 2001 17:29:05 -0400

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 10:37:25PM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> >   HORDE_BASE is now defined in lib/base.php instead of
> config/conf.php.
>
> Why is this btw?  If Horde is installed other than in '../' relative to
> the module, it makes sense to leave it as a configuration option doesnt
> it?

Sorry for the sudden change.  Here's what's going on:

I discovered some problems with the current registry system a few
weeks ago when adding registry integration to Nag.  If you glance
through the current code, you'll find that the registry system
doesn't play nice with multiple applications' $conf arrays,
causing all sorts of breakage when switching between
applications.

Chuck and I decided to expand the capabilities of the registry to
include reading application configuration files (as part of the
pushApp() call).  The catch-22 here is that we need to know where
to find Registry.php before we read any configuration files, so
that's why it's now defined in base.php.

This was the best solution we could muster up.  Additional
comments are welcome.

I should have some code to commit shortly.  I have everything
working pretty well now, but I still need to make sure I haven't
broken any existing behavior.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology