Same contacts in imp (for multiple servers)

Jarno Huuskonen Jarno.Huuskonen@uku.fi
Tue, 22 May 2001 23:35:09 +0300

Hi,

With imp-2.2.4 imp uses the users username@imaphost as key when storing
users contacts in (mysql)db. Our users can use few different imap servers
and for them it's not ideal to have different contacts for each imap server.

I made small changes to imp/lib/db.mysql: where imp_addr table is
queried/modified only 'user' is used as a key.
This seems to work just fine, but can you think anything this change will
break ?
(Users can only select servers that are defined in configuration, and they
have the same username in every server (so user A can't connect to his/her
own server as user B and get access to B's contacts).

(I tried to modify db.mysql so preferences would use only 'user' as key, but
then I had problems with session management: After logging out from server a
and trying to login to server b imp would open server a mailbox. Does the
preferences play any part in session management ?)

Thanks,

-Jarno

--
Jarno Huuskonen -- No spam thank you.