[dev] imp folder prefix

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Tue, 29 May 2001 15:17:02 +0100

Egan wrote:

> When you expand the folder view, and then refresh,
> the view collapses.  This seems to be a bug

Not so much a bug as a feature :-)

When you do the refresh, it destroys the cached folder structure, and
recreates it.  This takes into account any folder
addition/creation/modifications that have occurred independently of IMP.

When the folder structure is removed from the session, the information
about what was expanded/deleted has now also vanished, hence what you
are seeing.

Today, when we add/delete/rename a folder, I think we actually splice
the information in the cached tree (been a while since I've looked at
the navigator).  This would mean that we don't need to destroy the tree
on a refresh anymore.  However, it would mean that the user can't force
a folder refresh if they modify the folder list somewhere else (or
toggle subscribe/unsubscribe).

> Maybe this is a PHP bug, I don't know.  I do know that
> if I turn on output buffering, PHP crashes consistently.

Could you get a backtrace of this and report it as a PHP bug?   output
buffering should be pretty stable in 4.0.5

Anil