[imp] compose errors IMP 2.3.6

Peter R. Hubberstey peter@ukip.com
Wed, 30 May 2001 11:24:25 +0100

ok - I've got the current CVS tree of php, double checked and triple checked
everything including the PHP include path etc and I still get exactly the
same errors.

So I looked at the error message more closely.
One message was caused by not renaming imp/config/trailers.txt.dist.
PROGRESS -- Yippee :)
Then I was still getting the include error...

The PEAR installation in PHP-4.0.5 installed a file
/usr/local/lib/php/Mail/RFC822.php.

Problem was that the error I was getting referred to horde/MIME.php
including the file Mail/rfc822.php.  That file did not exist.

At first I thought I'd fixed the problem by simply copying the RFC822.php
file to lowercase.
Then I got an error about not being able to RE-DECLARE a function... :(

So I figured, if there is some ambiguity about which is the REAL include
file, this *might* happen and the variable *might* not be declared in the
proper include file. (I know what I'm trying to say...)

So I changed line 73 of MIME.php to refer to the original RFC822.php include
file - IE changed it for upper case.

HEY PRESTO!!! It worked!!!

I hope other's learn from my tribulations...

oh do you know if this problem fixed in the current CVS ? if not, perhaps
you could pass on a message??

Cheers, Peter.