Lithuanian (lt) translation

Darius Matuliauskas darius@lnk.lt
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:28:17 +0200

Hi there,

    Here goes the lithuanian locale for horde/imp.

Language: Lithuanian (Lietuviu), language code: lt.
Charset: windows-1257 (or ISO-8859-13).

Some more comments on charset:
The vast majority here in Lithuania use windows-1257 (baltic) encoding,
which is somewhat the same as ISO-8859-13 except for one or two punctuation
marks. As, e.g. Netscape does not support neither 8859-13, nor windows-1257
by default, there is a patch for the windows-1257 encoding, but not for
8859-13.
I understand it is crazy to make M$ standard default, but what do we do when
government does not yet have a position on this issue?
If you decide to put ISO as a charset, I'd understand it, however I strongly
encourage to leave windows-xx here.

Regards,
    Darius Matuliauskas
    Systems Administrator