[dev] gollem authentification via Horde

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:24:01 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar@developer.ch> wrote:

> How about something along the lines of
>
> $this->applications['turba'] = array(
>     'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../turba',
>     'webroot' => '/horde/turba',
>     'icon' => '/horde/turba/graphics/group.gif',
>     'name' => 'Addressbook',
>     'allow_guests' => false,
>     'show' => true,
>     'auth/login' = 'imp',
>     'auth/logout' = 'imp'
> );
>
> Each app can define which credentials to use.

Well, I don't have a clear picture of what the best design for this idea
would be.  There would need to be some way to configure what each app does
for authentication, and whether it will draw on the central Horde
credential list or not when it goes out to external services; don't know
if what you have above is part of that, or sufficient.  But clearly it
also needs to store the credentials themselves; in the session, not the
config. files.

> How do we handle password change behaviour then?
> If user changes his pass is he logged out of horde sub app?

If the user changes their password outside of Horde (using external tools
against the back-end auth. system), they're going to be locked out of the
external service then; no way around that.  Would be nice if the Horde
app. re-tried credentials and/or re-prompted the user in that situation.
If password-changing was integrated into Horde, you could probably do it
more nicely and change the stored session credentials.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN