[dev] Re: [imp] Re: [dev] notifications and recurring tasks for NAG

Atif Ghaffar aghaffar@developer.ch
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 12:29:49 +0200

Jon Parise wrote:

> We could probably get away with changing the background color
> around the icon or something like that (or toss a little flag
> image in there).
>
> Anyway, any solution like that would involve refreshing the Horde
> menu frame.  We'd need to design some sort of infrastructure that
> would either refresh that frame periodically (icky) or via
> JavaScript tied to certain application events (kludgy).

This is why I propsed once a hidden java applet in a frame that calls
some url periodically and takes action based on the information it gets.
Allowing you to change information on that page without refreshing it.

I remember getting flamed on that one. :)

--
Atif Ghaffar
Internet Development Manager