[dev] Horde Installer

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:53:36 -0400

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 10:44:36AM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > I've wanted to see XML be used for configuration for quite a
> > while.
>
> On the user side, this is fine. I think it would be a really
> bad idea to parse an xml configuration file on every page load.

Althought it has potential for confusion, it might be interesting
to store the configuration data in XML source documents
(containing the configuration values, descriptions, etc.).  We
could then use some sort of script to generate the current
configuration hashes from that source data.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology